India: Renewable Energy Research and Technology Development Program
The Ministry of New Renewable Energies (MNRE) has launched a call for proposals for the Renewable Energy Research and Technological Development Program (Re-Rtd-2022).
The program will strengthen the research and innovation capacity of the country and will be implemented in accordance with the policy and guidelines issued from time to time and areas of intervention identified by the MNRE of the country and will be implemented in accordance with the policy and guidelines issued from time to time. over time and in the areas of intervention identified by the MRNE.
The objective of the program is to support R&D projects for the development and demonstration of technologies in various fields of new and renewable energies, such as photovoltaic solar systems, biogas systems, waste-to-energy systems, wind energy systems, hybrid systems, storage systems, hydrogen and fuels. cells, geothermal, etc. with the ultimate goal of increasing the share of renewable energies in the country’s energy mix.
Some possible thematic research topics are listed below:
- Solar energy
- Ocean and geothermal energy
- Renewable energy applications for clean water supply
- Use of information technology in the renewable energy sector
- Wind energy
- Energy recovery from waste
- small hydro
- Hydrogen and fuel cells
- Energy storage (all types)
- Impact assessment, techno and socio-economic analysis and performance evaluation of renewable energy projects/systems.
The renewable energy research and technology development program to be implemented during the period 2021-22 to 2025-26 at a total cost of Rs 228.00 Crore.
- R&D / Academic institutions, including engineering schools (public and private duly accredited by government bodies),
- Public/private industries,
- Companies registered under the Companies Registration Act 1860,
- Trusts registered under the Indian Trusts Act 1882,
- Start Ups duly recognized by the Department of Promotion and Internal Trade (DPIIT) and
- Organizations engaged in research and development for the promotion of new and renewable energies.
For more information, visit https://mnre-research.com/home